Monday, May 30, 2011

Dear Last Night

To all my friends who were at Bar Lubitsch last night, thank you and I'm sorry.

First, it was just really fucking great to see all your faces.  Second, I appreciate everyone following their "hello" with some version of "is your boyfriend here?"  

Seriously.  I don't think any of you have ever known me to have a boyfriend, and it was heartwarming to know there was interest in meeting this significant new person in my life.

You like me, you really like me.  

Or at least were curious to see what he looks like.

Third, I was drunk and unfortunately there's a chance I don't remember what I said to you and probably talked about some stupid boring shit that I thought was incredibly intriguing at the time.  

I'm sorry.  I haven't had much drinking practice in the past, oh, 3 years.  

We'll get back to that.

So now you know that he exists and his name is Rhoades.  Rhoades Rader.  Real name.  I asked.

By the time he showed up, no one was sober.  I don't remember who I introduced him to and I'm sure the conversations were short, but he'll be around for awhile.

Hopefully.

At least 3 of you guys threatened him, and for that I also thank you.  DU was definitely the most adamant about it and pretty much made my night.

I have to admit, I was really excited to introduce him to the people I love the most in this city.  Apparently, it was written all over my face because I didn't stop smiling.  I couldn't help it.  My friends make me happy and he makes me happy.  

Being able to bring the two together, well that's just an explosion of happiness.

There was one hiccup, though.  When I went outside to pull him out of line and bring him into the bar, I'm pretty sure that in some unknown word combination I told him I was in love with him.

Oops.

What did he say?  Oh, I have no fucking idea.  I think he was smiling?

Then, if that wasn't enough, I reiterated it while dancing with him.  Again, no real idea of what I said.  No clue what he said.

Maybe something like the feeling was mutual, but I could be totally making that up.  I mean, I fell on my way to the bathroom, it was that kinda night.

So, yeah. #winning

Then, like a champ, I spent over an hour in his bathroom with my head in the toilet.  And him, like an awesome person, held my hair back and fed me ice cubes.

It was adorable.  I would have taken a picture if I hadn't lost my camera at the bar.

So many reminders in just a few hours of why I don't really drink.  I suck.

Thank you for making the introduction of Rhoades a pleasant experience.  He'll be at the next march, so everyone there will be sober for at least the first five minutes.

I'm sorry for being a drunken mess.  My relationship with the toilet continued for a good part of the day. It was fun.

To all my friends - I like you, I really like you.

Or love, depends on how drunk you get me.

U + Me

No comments:

Post a Comment