Thursday, April 7, 2011

One Word - Vegas.

I recently revisited an old stomping ground, Vegas.  The bar/club scene there is a little different than I've experienced elsewhere.  Everyone seems to have one thing on their mind - the one night (or weekend) stand.

I cannot claim to be above this mentality as it was where I had my first one night stand.  Well, until it was technically voided because I continued sleeping with the guy for 3 months.

That's how good it was.

Since then, the novelty of random sex in Vegas has worn off.  Now, hotel sex with someone I'm dating, that novelty never wears off.  Let's not get the two confused.
So how do you deal with the intoxicated guys who think all it takes is a few compliments and a thrust of their penis against your leg to get you to leave with them?  Well, they will inevitably ask you where you are from and you simply answer: Vegas.

This may be the most significant piece of knowledge I obtained while living there.

As soon as a guy hears that you live in Vegas his whole demeanor changes.  E.G. saw how effective this was first hand.  It's wonderful.

If they're not completely hammered, they're able to process that since you "live" in Vegas, the chances that you are out looking to get laid are much, much lower.  The usual response is something like, "Oh, you live here? That's cool" as they try to figure out how to get away.

It's almost too easy.

If, for some reason, I find you interesting enough to let you talk to me while at a club (I mean, come on, I hear music and all I want to do is dance) don't occupy me for 45 minutes without offering to go to the bar for a drink refill.  I'm not even saying the guy has to pay for it, just make sure I have some alcohol in my hand or you're going to get annoying real quick.

During these wasted 45 minutes the guy informed me that he had tried 3 times to engage me in conversation and that each time my response was equivalent to that of a 5th graders.

This spawned the greatest comment never said by E.G. "That's probably because you're boring."

Clearly I needed to spell it out to him like he was a 5th grader.  N.O.T. I.N.T.E.R.E.S.T.E.D.

We were just being nice because he was a friend of a friend.  Time to go to the bathroom.

A.k.a. ditch your ass.  Sorry.


While in Sin City I was able to catch up with my first West Coast friend, L.J.  We got around to talking about guys and relationships, of course, and the main theme was how do you know?

Yes, just like that movie with Reese Witherspoon.
When asked about love at first sight, the Beatles' respond with "Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time."  I believe they were being a bit facetious.

There was that one time in Lake Havasu when a guy walked into the bar and I instantly thought, "there's my future husband."

That was retarded.  But, I did briefly date him, in case you were wondering.

Seriously though, how do you know when it's right and he's (she's) the one?  So many people seem to answer this question with, "You just know."  Really?  Really?

Personally, I only want to get married once.  So to think that there's no certain answer when it comes to how do you know, well that's quite scary.  And yet, a little invigorating.

To have body and mind pull toward a person so much that you know you want to spend the rest of your life with them, that's incredible.

If that's what happens anyway.

TBD.

As for Gun Guy, he's still making me smile and it's intoxicating.

Look at how many adjectives I can use that begin with the letter I.  It's almost inspiring.

I know, you're gagging.  I'll stop.

Hey Dylan, what are you up to Friday night?  Next post is all you, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment