Thursday, June 3, 2010

(Un)Exciting.

Lately I've had the curse of having too many friends and they all demand some sort of social group gathering. This has thwarted my efforts to attack guys at bars for the past few weeks. There were a few moments that appeared somewhat worth mentioning, but I'll allow you to determine their actual value.
I visited The Dresden for the first time and really dug the atmosphere.  Definitely a place suited for a group of merry friends.  Besides the curious relationship between the tattooed, pierced, Affliction t-shirt wearing dude and the 60 something hippie singing with the band, there was one comment that stood out over all the rest.

One of the guys said to the waitress that she was looking to be "validated."  I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to emphasize "dated" and the comment was made in jest to begin with, but I liked the new meaning he gave to the word.

The following weekend I found myself dancing the night away with the usual suspects.  I think it's safe to say that, for the most part, guys have no idea how to approach girls.  If I'm surrounded by a bunch of my girlfriends dancing so hard that you can visibly see the water weight dripping off my body, don't try to start a conversation with me.

Is using some common sense too much to ask?  Clearly.

This was the same weekend I attempted to bake some Maple Bacon Cupcakes for my bacon loving friends.  Everyone who tried one is still alive.  Success!
I split my holiday weekend between the Tennis Channel and San Diego.  While the French Open has been très intéressant (Humbert anyone?) I more so enjoyed my time in the Whale's Vagina.

There are 2 things guys should know if they don't already.  First, never talk about a girl who is standing within ear shot.  Especially if she is sober and you're talking about how to finagle a hook up with her.  This may come as a surprise, but that's a huge fucking turn off.  Not that there was ever a chance to begin with.

Second, learn to take a hint.  If you put my arm around my waist and I take a step to the right to release myself from you, don't put your arm around me again.  I started on the right side of my friend when a guy put his arm around me.  By the end of our little "dance" I was on the left side of her.  Every time I stepped out of his grasp, he just followed and threw his arm around me again.  It was like rinse and repeat.  I wanted to cut his arm off.  Stop fucking touching me.

Also, most girls don't like when some guy just starts grinding up behind them.  We can't see you, so we have no idea if we know you or not.  And even if we do know you, there's a good chance we still don't appreciate feeling your dick on our ass.  P.S. Just because I met you 90 minutes ago doesn't mean I know you.  Step off.

I did get one girl's night while down there.  We kept it low key however and went to a bar called Bare Back where it wasn't very busy.  While sitting on the balcony, judging people as they walked by, two guys smiled up at us and said, "Hi ladies."

They looked 12.

My friend commented that with just our luck, they would be the only guys to talk to us and they looked like they were probably in a Tosh.0 video where they kicked each other in the balls.

They weren't the only ones who talked to us, but everything else was very unexciting.  Not that any of this can be classified as exciting to being with.

As a bonus, while standing outside a bar, some old Mexican guy came up to me, patted me on the head, said something foreign and walked away.  Having no clue what words just spewed from his mouth, I took it as a compliment.

June is a crazy month, and to be honest, I don't know if I'll get to bar hopping with just the girls until July.  But until then I'm sure I'll be out, guys will be annoying, and I will be unforgiving.

1 comment:

  1. "As a bonus, while standing outside a bar, some old Mexican guy came up to me, patted me on the head, said something foreign and walked away."

    You should probably learn Spanish one day. Your options would grow exponentially!

    ReplyDelete